For this month’s beautiful people, I decided to do my favorite. Julian Quentin. He is undoubtedly most beloved, oddly enough. I can’t wait to begin writing him, among others.
1. Do they get nightmares? If so, why or what of? Julian does not usually have nightmares, but when he does, it is always desolate and lonely, and confusing. His subconscious fear of loss and estrangement from those he loves is an underlying theme in his nightmares.
2. What is their biggest guilty pleasure/secret shame? I don’t know about his guilty pleasure–daydreaming profusely about his private, sentimental dreams? yeah, that’s probably it. His secret shame is wiling away some time at Harvard when worrying about things going on at home. No spoilers though…
3. Are they easily persuaded or do they need more proof? He tends to be skeptical and pragmatic, less unrealistic in terms of how tolerant of vague overtones or undertones, ideas, philosophies, etc. He will question until he understands, and holds surprisingly strong opinions about matters that matter to him.
4. Do they suffer from any phobias? Does it affect their life in a big way? no phobias to name, but he does have many fears that haunt him, as much as he would like to be in control over them. They do hold some power over him when making decisions
5. What do they consider their “Achilles heel”? He cares too much, and wants to help and save those he cares for deeply. Sometimes he thinks that his natural instinct to protect others puts him under the wheel.
6. How do they handle a crisis? As calmly and composedly as possible. However, his emotions rise strongly in response to the pain and suffering of others, and his vocation as a doctor gives him the skill and ability to act on his instincts to help others.
8. What are their core values and/or religious beliefs? he values integrity, truth, and loyalty above all, and holds his family dearest. His loyalty spreads into all aspects of his life, including friendship and doctoring. He is a staunch, faithful Christian, instilled in him by his parents from an early age.
9. What things do they value most in life? he values family, friends, and home, most in life, and then his studies and improving himself as a doctor.
10. What is one major event that helped shape who they are? When his father decided he could do well at Harvard, Julian could firmly believe in his abilities to aid others in need as a doctor, and improve the medical field as best that he could.